Monday, November 15, 2010

Some Testimonials | Passages Malibu | Drug Alcohol Rehab

Some Great Testimonials:

Hey Chris!

It's me, the guy you talked on the phone asking for advice about the "conflict" I had with my psychology professor. Things went well after the event, but I send you an email to let you know... I am doing so much better Chris! Actually, it is perfect! I really feel I made a tremendous growth since our talk, and it's all because of the "conflict" that happened to me AND after I received your advice. After you told me to read BeWhoYouWant, I thought to myself "This time... I'll read it perfectly... I'll master the ideas and do the exercises without any questions!"

I re-started it from the beginning, this time I read it slowly, this time I "encode" the meaning behind each of the sentences like why you are saying what you are saying to make sure that this time I fully understand it. I read 2 pages each day and found myself spending 1-2 hour just to fully "interpret" them. (sometimes I find myself highlighting the entire page) I integrated those new understanding on my way of thinking and being and as a result tremendous things happen in my life one after another! Because of it, I am always smiling and I thought.... those pages... with so much knowledge underneath them, each words deserves to be put in an ancient tablet!

Guess what, the other day I did my very first exercise! (pleasure exercise) I read it and read it and made sure I will follow the instruction perfectly! And, I tell you Chris... when I did it... I just "knew it" haha -- I just knew it that I did it the way you intended us to. There's this book that I really wanted to read for a very long time(it was I Ching Readings Interpreting the Answers) and I grab it -- I thought of the best place I can think of to read it and I went there and did it! And wow... I enjoyed it way better than I expected I would and there were sentences so profound that it resonates me so much I just had to stand up and take a little walk. As I do, I felt the "life" of the Universe as I look at the horizon, and I feel so connected while I smile and enjoy the gentle breeze of the wind coming in my direction. It was wonderful!     

Right now I found out a new "dream" and I really feel that I'm getting closer to being who I want and having what I want -- and it's happening really fast!

Chris -- I thank you... I thank you for it.

Hey, I just wanted to shoot all of you guys an e-mail letting you know how well things are going here at Stanford.  It's been 74 days since I got to Passages (I know because I have the number written on my wrist every day), and life has been incredible.  There have been ups and downs obviously, but my general mood and level of productivity is almost unbelievably higher than ever before.  Passages was the greatest experience of my life, and it changed my life more than I could have possibly imagined.  I finally feel in control - I make plans and they actually become reality!  I'm following my aftercare religiously - avoiding parties + alcohol, seeing my therapist twice a week, getting acupuncture twice per week, etc, and it has made all the difference.  I just want to thank all of you for being part of the most transformative period of my life; not a day goes by without me thinking about Passages, however briefly.

If you want to chat, feel free to e-mail back.

Best
Dan

Dear Chris and Pax,

I will be discharging this afternoon from the Ventura facility and I wanted to share my experience and gratitude to you and your staff. Last year my wife gave me a copy of your book “The Alcoholism and Addiction Cure”, which gave me a great deal of hope.

I have been seeking help for my dependency problem for 3 years now and have admitted myself into many different programs, who all shared the same 12 step philosophy. All of these programs ridiculed me if I didn’t agree with their approach (12 steps/AA) and provided a negative environment where they continuously reinforced my addiction as a disease that could never be cured in my lifetime.

Well, as you can imagine this didn’t resonate very well with me.  I never believed that this was a disease, but rather an addiction that could be cured. The moment I walked into Passages I felt welcomed and had a warm feeling from everyone on your staff.  You have created an environment that treats everyone with personalized treatment plans, which is conducive  to identifying the underlining issues, which leads to our addictions in the first place.

Your passion for helping people truly comes out in every aspect. I cannot say enough about ALL of your staff.  They share a common genuine passion in helping people and go out-of-their way to make everyone feel comfortable. So, having said that, I want to personally thank the two of you for taking your personal experiences and turning it into Passages.  You are truly saving lives.

Please feel free to share my appreciation to all of your staff!

4 comments:

  1. I’ve been sober for almost 5 years and I have to thank the 12 step treatment program that I went to. It saved my life in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for info on a inpatient eating disorder then you need to do research and find the one that works for you. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post. I heard about shape shakes but, didn’t believe it until I tried it.

    ReplyDelete